Small Business Ventilation Program
The Ventilation Grant enables eligible businesses to invest in large projects to improve ventilation.
Grant funding will be matched dollar for dollar for the business, between $1000 and $5000.
Improving ventilation helps reduce the spread of COVID-19 and provides customers with the confidence that businesses are doing everything they can to keep them safe.
You can apply in two ways.
- If you already have evidence of eligible expenditure purchased from 1 January 2022, such as receipts and paid invoices, submit evidence of eligible expenditure when applying.
- Alternatively, you can apply by proposing a ventilation project, with grant funds to be paid at a later date once eligible items have been purchased and evidence of expenditure has been submitted (by 15 November 2022).
Examples of eligible program expenditure may include:
- works to the building to maximise ventilation, for example fixing windows to ensure they open or adding additional windows or doors to create greater air flow
- purchase and installation of spare parts to ensure the existing ventilation system operates effectively
- repairs, servicing or cleaning of an existing heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system or air conditioning unit
- purchasing an air purifier using a high-efficiency particulate air (HEPA) filter for the premises
- inspection by a qualified professional service provider for the purpose of a ventilation audit, HVAC health check or assistance with items identified in the self-assessment ventilation guidance.
A business that operates in more than one premises under its ABN may apply for a grant for each location. A separate application is required for each location.
Grant applications are now open via the Business Victoria website on