HomeNews › Stop tipping the Tax Man

Stop tipping the Tax Man

Stop tipping the Tax Man

If you own an investment property and you haven’t had it professionally assessed for depreciation allowances, chances are you may be paying too much tax!

Just like you claim the wear and tear on a car purchased for income producing purposes, you can also claim the depreciation of your investment property against your taxable income. This means that you can claim a yearly tax deduction for the depreciation of structural elements (like bricks, windows, concrete etc) and in some cases on the non-structural items such as ovens, dishwashers, carpet and blinds.

Tax Concepts recommends Washington Brown for all your investment depreciation needs. They're experts in tax depreciation for investment properties and are accredited quantity surveyors. They will prepare an ATO compliant depreciation report on your property outlining the maximum legal depreciation allowances you’re entitled to claim, so we can then use it in your tax return.

Click on the link below for your FREE assessment estimate.